Another wonderful week at Beech Hall School Riyadh has passed! We’ve had lots of happy moments in school this week, as well as out and about in Riyadh. Here are my top five moments – it was hard to choose just five of them this week!
- Attending the Formula E event in Diriyah was truly spectacular. To see such a powerful statement around sustainability was really exciting, and it linked so well to our Tapestry strand. The race was thrilling, and seeing the cars speeding around the track was incredible. Once the race was over, we were treated to a concert from the Backstreet Boys! Without sharing my age, I can say that it was very exciting to see the return of this group, albeit a few years on! It was also very entertaining to see colleagues and parents in the audience, too. What fun we all had!
- Meeting our Playground Committee, which is made up of pupils from Grade 1 to Grade 6. The children had the most amazing ideas, and they loved talking to Mr Samir (Head of Facilities) and Ms Cynthia (Business Manager) about what they think we need and why. We had so many good discussions around sustainability, mental health, and wellbeing, and it really showed me how much our approach is being embedded. I think Mr Samir and Ms Cynthia were blown away by how persuasive and enterprising our children can be!
- Seeing so many parents at school for our parents’ meetings this week has been a real joy. I’ve had so many good discussions celebrating the children’s progress, and reflecting on how far they have already come this year. We are so proud of all of them, and are very grateful to have such supportive parents working in partnership with us.
- Interviewing so many future colleagues for our team has been really exciting. We are blown away by the number of people who want to work here at Beech Hall School Riyadh. The calibre of teachers wanting to be part of our school’s future is humbling, and I am so excited about the team we are starting to assemble to join the great staff we already have here in Riyadh. A bright future shines ahead!
- A sentence I’ve never written before: butter making with Grade 3 was great fun! As part of their work on states of matter, we had an amazing time learning how liquids turn into solids by making butter. Lots of hard work and effort went into the churning, but we got to celebrate by tasting the outcome spread on delicious bread. Real life learning in action.
Wishing you all a happy weekend – let’s all celebrate the fact that February is finally here!