Another end to the week has come hurtling up; it is amazing how quickly the days fly by here at Beech Hall School! This week has been incredibly busy, seeing more of our new learning spaces come to fruition and attending the Kids’ Expo at Riyadh Front. Here are just a few of our standout moments!
- Meeting a member of the Saudi Royal family at our Beech Hall School stand at the expo. The country’s passion and commitment to inclusive education were palpable in this interaction and we were honoured to share with her the work we are doing in the region.
- Meeting a 7-foot rabbit and a walking, talking robot at the same expo! The sense of fun and energy from a room full of people looking for innovation around child development was really exciting – and we are thrilled to be a part of it!
- Attending RCRC to meet with prospective parents and share our vision for reimaging education, with the very commission under whose licence we operate. I mean, no pressure! But what a privilege to share with them the educational offering that they have helped to support here in Riyadh.
- Driving for the first time! I was very brave, embraced my can-do attitude and hit the busy highways of Riyadh. Thankfully Crumb knew to keep very quiet in the back! At least he had his seatbelt on.😊
- Seeing our amazing science labs get installed, all ready for our senior boys and girls. These Space 0 designed labs are so appealing – designed to stimulate genuine collaboration and exploration, in a calm and inspiring space. A very long way from the labs I studied in that had that residual smell of Bunsen burner and chemicals….
Final preparations are underway for our family of staff to return next week and we genuinely can’t wait to see them all. For now, the airport runs to collect new colleagues flying in from across the world!