We’ve all enjoyed this week – it’s been jam-packed with learning opportunities, parent meetings, clubs, and even a very competitive game of football! It is so lovely to see the school in full swing, and understand the rhythm of such a busy and vibrant school. Here are just a few of my memorable moments from the past week:
- Taking our school designer for a tour, and showing him many of our amazing spaces. He was utterly blown away by the new classrooms, the primary dining area – and of course our parent café, which will be fully operational very soon! He also met many of the children, and took great pride in telling them how their stunning school was made, brick by brick.
- Learning about sound, courtesy of Grade 4! It’s not every day that a whole class, two members of staff, a cooking rack, and a drum stick arrive in your office. They asked me to tie some string to the rack, wrap the string around my fingers, and put my fingers in my ears! Mr Ben then hit the rack with the drum stick. If you want to conduct this experiment at home I won’t spoil the ending, but needless to say, I was truly amazed – as were the whole of Grade 4! It is so special to see such a love of learning ignited in the children – long may that continue.
- Meeting lots of parents to talk more about the curriculum on offer. Both Dr Reham and Mr Ben showcased what we learn and how we learn, and answered some really thoughtful questions from parents. It’s so good to see our partnership with parents growing. Research shows us how critical this relationship is to children’s experience of school, and I’m proud to work in a community where this is prioritised.
- Noticing that Crumb is starting to have a very full calendar! He’s a regular attendee at school. This week he has helped me to see the latest Kidzink delivery of furniture for future learning spaces, as well as spending one-on-one time with many of the children! They come and book his calendar with me, and we have so much fun outside practising catching, commands, and even running around with a hula-hoop! Crumb loved playing with Yousef, who shared his morning snack with him! I think we may need to get Crumb running again with me!
- Planning the weekend! We have friends coming from the UK to stay with us, and so we’ve booked some excursions in and around Riyadh. We are so excited to explore more of this wonderful place, and have an action-packed weekend ahead where we will be buggying around the desert and meeting camels. I cannot wait!
Until next week, have a wonderful weekend – and I cannot wait to hear what the children got up to next week.