This week has literally flown by! We have had many action-packed moments and some truly memorable learning experiences in the classrooms, which have all been so fascinating to observe! I’ve been really impressed with how the pupils are accessing their learning. Here are my highlights from this week – it’s getting increasingly hard to choose!
- Seeing first-hand the transition of KG into superheroes, princesses and Mario and Luigi! I didn’t think it was possible to find our youngest learners more adorable than I do already, but then they took on their new characters. What fun they’ve had this week – from their very own sports day, to character days, to Farm Thursday! Their genuine love for school is such a joy to see, and something that we need to nurture for years to come.
- Helping Crumb to run ‘Pet Care’ sessions for Grade 1 as part of their Unit of Learning topic. Grade 1 asked the most amazing questions about how I look after Crumb, understanding that he is part of our family and therefore a really important responsibility for me. They got to cuddle and stroke him, and they loved his high fives!
- Watching our Student Council run the most amazing assembly today, all about what they are expecting from their peers: high expectations, kindness, careful listening, and respect evident in all aspects of school life. We can all strive for this, and the adults are always reiterating this message, but to hear it from the children themselves was a really powerful message and I was hugely impressed with all of them.
- Hearing Ms Sheena, our amazing School Counsellor, lead a Wellbeing Wednesday session for parents about the importance of the children developing good sleeping and eating habits. There were some really useful reminders for us all that then led to a great discussion, with everyone asking some great questions. We are so lucky to have experts on the team to support parents with their children – with all of us working together, we can ensure the very best for our pupils.
- More exploring in the desert! We spent the most blissful day on Saturday trekking in the hills outside Riyadh. Within 10 minutes my watch told me that I had already climbed 10 flights of stairs, but the views were utterly spectacular, making the effort entirely worthwhile. The highlight had to be seeing a camel with her very young baby!
This weekend promises to be another busy one as I attempt the Riyadh 10km on Saturday! I am so excited about seeing the city in this way – I might just need a comfy chair and a constant flow of coffee on Sunday!