We have had the most amazing first week back here at Beech Hall School Riyadh. With new children, new parents, new learning spaces, new staff, and even new subjects, it really has felt like a new start! The term has started with real energy and sparkle. Have a read below to find out the best bits!
- Welcoming so many new members to the BHSR family! It has been a real pleasure to welcome so many new families to our community, and we’re opening new classes and growing at a rapid rate! We are delighted that so many parents and children are choosing our school, and I am so proud of the way in which our pupils have welcomed their new friends, and made them feel at home so quickly! Our children are so adaptable and open to new experiences and relationships, which is a real joy to see. Long may that continue!
- Rolling out our 1:1 device strategy. Digital Technology is a really important part of our Beech Hall School Riyadh Tapestry. Lots of our pupils have now received their iPads, and the excitement is palpable. The teachers are also very excited to incorporate technology in their lessons, enabling pupils to become more confident in producing and consuming digital content. I can’t wait to see where this takes their learning, and their independence!
- Opening our brand new learning spaces. The new sports space is now complete, and it looks incredible! I can’t wait to see the range of sports and sporting moments that will happen there. With the World Cup coming to Saudi Arabia in the near future, sports is very much on the agenda, and it doesn’t take much encouragement to see our children leap into action. From swimming to football, and gymnastics to yoga, it’s all on offer here, and I have no doubt that the children will thrive in their new learning spaces. And I think the staff will too!
- Taking part in Tough Mudder! When my husband and I first moved here to Saudi, we made a promise to each other that we would try as many new things as we could, and visit as many new places around the Kingdom. So, with some trepidation and excitement, we drove out to Dirab Motor Park last week to take part in Tough Mudder. This is an event where you take on the challenge of running 5k or 10k across sandy trails, and also go over, under or through obstacles like muddy ice baths, tunnels, nets and walls. Safe to say, we were exhausted and very sandy by the end, but what a fun event! I am sure the bruises will go away soon…
- Seeing Ms Julia in print! We were so excited to see an article penned by Julia Knight, our Head of Primary and Secondary Girls, in the Gulf Daily News. She wrote a superb piece on the importance of schools that promote, encourage and celebrate kindness and resilience, something that we’re so passionate about here at BHSR. Give it a read here and see what you think!
If you think that this ‘typical week’ sounds like your idea of fun, we are currently open for students in all year groups from KG1 to Grade 9 (as well as Grade 10 from August 2024), and we will also be recruiting additional staff very soon. So, drop me a message to find out more!